What I contributed this past week: Last Thursday I attended the St. Joseph’s video interview held at the Austin location. During this process, I helped arrange the background of the shot as well as recorded all the audio. On Sunday, I co-hosted the viewing of all the footage at my South Loop loft because the promise of securing a room in a Loop CDM building was not followed through in a timely fashion. Many in our team project group attended at which time I took notes on the best parts of the footage and submitted the notes to Brian C. for the rough cuts. I also submitted to Basecamp a #10 envelope and letterhead design as PDFs for our Graphic Standards Manual for St. Joseph’s.

My concerns at this point: We found out that the logos were not entirely well-received by St. Joseph Services’ Board so some members in our group refined some of the logos to resubmit to the board for viewing at their meeting this Thursday. If they cannot agree on one with gusto, we all decided it would be best to submit their old logo to them in a vector format (which they did not have) along with the video. Giving them something they can work with in the future is better than nothing and we can all still be proud of the work we have done. My chief concern at this point is focusing on the editing of the video. There are two more last-minute interviews today and tomorrow that St. Joseph’s insisted upon. Worst case scenario is that if the video is not completed in its entirety we can still submit the raw footage to them for their future use.

To complete this upcoming week: Video editing and refining of the items we have collectively done as well as sound bed and photo optimizing. It would be great to get these things completed in class. We will hopefully receive word back about the logo(s) from St. Joseph’s in order to lock in what will be finalized and submitted.

Advertisements